The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

User avatar
Agamemnon
Grand Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 13:59
Contact:

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Agamemnon » 08 Jul 2017, 09:59

thirtythr33 wrote:sure

EDIT: Actually, Gasparo might intervene. Being honorable and all.
Gasparo would have actually been pretty quick to get in the way, both because of the honorable flaw and because he'd technically see his purpose here as serving Marco in his master's name. Giovanni would probably be annoyed if he let someone stab the noble twerp. :lol:

Trouble is, I seem to have been dismissed? Hrm.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
User avatar
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Aug 2015, 03:23

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 » 08 Jul 2017, 10:08

Too slow :cry:

Yeah, I'm kind of pushing the remainder of this arc at blistering speed. Once this is dealt with, things will go back to a more leisurely pace.

Do you think it's important enough to back it up to have Gasparo argue against his dismissal?
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1208
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Korbel » 08 Jul 2017, 10:15

We can edit everything out easily enough if Gasparo wants to intervene, but I'll just loyally say, Marco wanted to deal with it privately, and especially without almost complete strangers witnessing, so he'd be quite against Gasparo's presence.
User avatar
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Aug 2015, 03:23

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 » 08 Jul 2017, 10:21

Agamemnon wrote:Trouble is, I seem to have been dismissed? Hrm.
Bed time for me now anyway.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
User avatar
Agamemnon
Grand Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 13:59
Contact:

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Agamemnon » 08 Jul 2017, 11:00

Korbel wrote:We can edit everything out easily enough if Gasparo wants to intervene, but I'll just loyally say, Marco wanted to deal with it privately, and especially without almost complete strangers witnessing, so he'd be quite against Gasparo's presence.
Fair enough. He's probably lingering in earshot, regardless.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1208
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Korbel » 08 Jul 2017, 11:06

Agamemnon wrote:Fair enough. He's probably lingering in earshot, regardless.
Aaaand this is exactly the reason why Marco has sent all of you to have a meal, and not stay in the corridor. And ordered Giorgio to take care of you guys :D
User avatar
EinBein
Sworn Brother
Posts: 516
Joined: 03 May 2014, 02:50

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by EinBein » 08 Jul 2017, 16:13

Sorry, was in university writing the last exam of this MBA of mine... only the thesis left now...

Now that I'm back, Gregor will do as he's ordered and follow Giorgio, though he'll do it reluctantly. Maybe he gets a chance to convince Giorgio that Gasparo needs rest after the long travels and doesn't eat much anyways? Shall we have another scene for that? I'm not that proficient on the social side though...
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1096
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Benedict » 10 Jul 2017, 02:21

EniBein wrote:Sorry, was in university writing the last exam of this MBA of mine... only the thesis left now...
No worries. :D
EinBein wrote:Gregor will do as he's ordered and follow Giorgio, though he'll do it reluctantly. Maybe he gets a chance to convince Giorgio that Gasparo needs rest after the long travels and doesn't eat much anyways? Shall we have another scene for that? I'm not that proficient on the social side though...
You are forgetting about the little rascal Ferran. Who laid the little "trap" on Gregor.
Gregor wrote:Seek real friends and find a place to call home
Ferran wrote:Gregor can stand guard to this room." - He looks directly with piercing eyes at the ex-mercenary - "For I trust you. Despite what others might think."
Anyways, the above is fluff.

So, what's up? :?:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Aug 2015, 03:23

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 » 10 Jul 2017, 02:31

Agamemnon wrote:
Korbel wrote:We can edit everything out easily enough if Gasparo wants to intervene, but I'll just loyally say, Marco wanted to deal with it privately, and especially without almost complete strangers witnessing, so he'd be quite against Gasparo's presence.
Fair enough. He's probably lingering in earshot, regardless.
How does this work out for everyone?
  • Giacomo returns with his rapier
  • Marco confronts Giacomo
  • Gasparo stands next to Marco ready to defend him
  • Marco orders everyone to leave the room
  • Everyone clears the room but Gasparo lingers at the door
  • Gasparo hears Marco calm Giacomo and that he put down his rapier
  • Satisfied Marco will be safe, the group then leaves the hallway
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
User avatar
EinBein
Sworn Brother
Posts: 516
Joined: 03 May 2014, 02:50

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by EinBein » 10 Jul 2017, 04:29

Benedict wrote:
EniBein wrote:Sorry, was in university writing the last exam of this MBA of mine... only the thesis left now...
No worries. :D
EinBein wrote:Gregor will do as he's ordered and follow Giorgio, though he'll do it reluctantly. Maybe he gets a chance to convince Giorgio that Gasparo needs rest after the long travels and doesn't eat much anyways? Shall we have another scene for that? I'm not that proficient on the social side though...
You are forgetting about the little rascal Ferran. Who laid the little "trap" on Gregor.
Gregor wrote:Seek real friends and find a place to call home
Ferran wrote:Gregor can stand guard to this room." - He looks directly with piercing eyes at the ex-mercenary - "For I trust you. Despite what others might think."
Anyways, the above is fluff.

So, what's up? :?:
Good point. Guess Gregor is now caught between the devil and the deep blue sea (SA "Seek real friends and find a place to call home" and Flaw "Minor Blood Debt - Giovanni Pico"). Sorry that I wasn't able to reply in due time!
thirtythr33 wrote:How does this work out for everyone?
• Giacomo returns with his rapier
• Marco confronts Giacomo
• Gasparo stands next to Marco ready to defend him
• Marco orders everyone to leave the room
• Everyone clears the room but Gasparo lingers at the door
• Gasparo hears Marco calm Giacomo and that he put down his rapier
• Satisfied Marco will be safe, the group then leaves the hallway
Accepted.
User avatar
Agamemnon
Grand Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 13:59
Contact:

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Agamemnon » 10 Jul 2017, 04:34

thirtythr33 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Korbel wrote:We can edit everything out easily enough if Gasparo wants to intervene, but I'll just loyally say, Marco wanted to deal with it privately, and especially without almost complete strangers witnessing, so he'd be quite against Gasparo's presence.
Fair enough. He's probably lingering in earshot, regardless.
How does this work out for everyone?
  • Giacomo returns with his rapier
  • Marco confronts Giacomo
  • Gasparo stands next to Marco ready to defend him
  • Marco orders everyone to leave the room
  • Everyone clears the room but Gasparo lingers at the door
  • Gasparo hears Marco calm Giacomo and that he put down his rapier
  • Satisfied Marco will be safe, the group then leaves the hallway
Sounds fine by me. I'll be participating more in the near future, promise.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
User avatar
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Aug 2015, 03:23

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 » 10 Jul 2017, 04:46

I made a few quick edits to reflect that.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1208
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Korbel » 10 Jul 2017, 05:32

Fine by me, let's move this forward.
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1096
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Benedict » 10 Jul 2017, 06:25

Korbel wrote:Fine by me, let's move this forward.
Indeed.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition
Posts: 1246
Joined: 12 Aug 2015, 03:23

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 » 12 Jul 2017, 19:38

S&S Character sheets have been added to the Floating City game for people to play around with if you like.

Enter game > Journal > +ADD > Character
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Post Reply