The Storm

Korbel's one-shot game

Moderator: Korbel

User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm

Post by Marras » 25 Oct 2016, 15:36

Hans walks from the manor's direction to gate pushing a bound Gunther in front of him a bloody messer in his hand.

As they approach it is clear that Gunther is bleeding from his face and Hans is covered in blood.

"Do what you want with this weasel. He managed to knock at the manor's door before I could stop him, so a surprise is more or less out of the question now."

"There are two guards near the corner of the manor but they are no longer a threat to anyone."

"So, how things look here?"
Stempest
Initiate
Posts: 99
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 08:13

Re: The Storm

Post by Stempest » 26 Oct 2016, 05:00

"We should bind him somewhere out of the way where he won't be found until this is over. I won't kill more men than I must, even this poor excuse for a man" *Karl glowers*
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 26 Oct 2016, 09:19

When walking around the house, Hans discovers a small, forgotten window at the side. It is not barred, but big enough to get in. Looks like it can be opened. The only problem is, it is 10 feet above the ground - but here Han's luck smiles at him again: the wall just under the window is quite damaged, which gives you many handholds, making the climbing much easier.
User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm

Post by Marras » 26 Oct 2016, 11:57

Hans looks at the window for a while trying to see if anyone is inside the room. If nothing alarms him, he sighs thinking of all the valuables that might be in the room just waiting for him. Still, he finishes his round and reports his finding to Ruthard.
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 29 Oct 2016, 09:56

The bounty hunter nicknamed "Twinscars" and former mercenary Ruthard are waiting at the front doors. They hear some distant noises inside, men running around and getting ready to fight, but nobody opens the door, not even comes close to them.
- Scheisse, scheisse, scheisse - Twinscars says, pointing at the path in the forest, which leads to the manor - I think it's time to be somewhere else.
The villagers are coming. Twinscars doesn't care for the ambush anymore and leaves, going around the building and to the place where Karl and Hans are waiting. Ruthard is left alone, but suddenly he hears a clear and commanding voice behind the doors:
- You two stay with Georgius, the rest goes with me.

Meanwhile at the back.
The stables are burning, giving you more light this dark evening. Somebody unlocks the door and walks out - just a mere servant, unarmed. When he sees the blade and spear pointed at him, he raises his hands:
- Please, don't hurt me!
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1096
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm

Post by Benedict » 29 Oct 2016, 14:19

Previously:
After overpowering the guards, Ruthard sends the youth running to the forest, binds Gunther and the older guard, and carries them away from the manor. He breaks Gunther's knees, then goes to the gate and starts tinkering. After some minutes he manages to jam the gate shut.
  • "That will hold those pesky villagers out."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment the bounty hunter walks away Ruthard shakes his head in resignement. He then makes the sign of the cross while waits to hear movement from inside the manor. The moment they start moving out he opens the door with the guard's key and charges in, sword held with both hands.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 29 Oct 2016, 14:28

Iside, there are two guards waiting in the corridor. They are prepared, with spears and simple shields in hands. Georgius retreats.
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1096
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm

Post by Benedict » 29 Oct 2016, 16:50

Both guards come at Ruthard, armed with spear and shield. Like a dancer, the albino quickly sidesteps to the right, getting one guard in the middle. Suddenly Ruthard thrusts low to the guards' belly. His opponent parries the blow, but the sheer ferocity of the attack catches him in the abdomen. Quickly Ruthard draws his sword along his foe weapon and thrusts hard at his shoulder. A sickening sound is heard as the guard's shoulder caves in, barely saved by his armor, but not without dropping to his knees.

Continuing in a circular motion, Ruthard maintains the initiative and slashes at the other guard in a deceptive angle. The guard barely manages to parry the blow, and Ruthard again uses his opponent's weapon against him. Maintaining contact with the spear shaft, Ruthard thrusts upward, and with a flick of his wrists hits the man hard in the armpit. His foe collapses while his comrade is trying to flee the hall.

Ruthard pays no heed to his beaten adversaries. His moment is here at last. Turning to Georgius, he screams, as he charges towards the priest.

  • "Remember me you fuck? Finally it's time you pay your dues!"
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 30 Oct 2016, 09:36

When Ruthard is fighting, frightened Georgius runs through the great hall, up the stairs and to his room. He goes inside and tries to lock the doors, but can't find the keys and Ruthard's shout makes him even more nervous. He runs to the other end of the room, picks a loaded crossbow and points it at the door, just in time to ambush upcoming Ruthard.
- Back away you devil! This bolt is smeared with a potent poison!
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1096
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm

Post by Benedict » 30 Oct 2016, 14:28

Ruthard grabs the heater shield from the fallen guard and starts climbing up the stairs.
  • "Poison you bastard? Just like you killed father Felix? Wait till I get my hands on you. Then you'll be begging me for your death!"
Then Ruthard charges inside the room, shield in front and sword held high, while Georgius pulls the trigger.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm

Post by Marras » 31 Oct 2016, 02:53

"Shut up and get out here!", Hans snaps at the servant.

"Get over there and get down!", Hans continues to order the poor servant.

"If you behave, you won't be harmed.".
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 31 Oct 2016, 10:48

- The villagers are coming! - Twinscars runs towards Karl and Hans and when he sees the doors are open - Get inside and close the doors!

Gunther looks around terrified and starts crawling towards the manor, without much success.
User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm

Post by Marras » 31 Oct 2016, 12:23

After hearing the Twinscars Hans begins to walk towards the door messer in one hand, rondel in the other trying to see inside and not to walk into a possible ambush.
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1211
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm

Post by Korbel » 31 Oct 2016, 13:45

Hans looks inside. There are many servants and cooks here, looking at him frightened. It looks like it is the part of the manor where the kitchen, buttery and pantry are, with fireplaces and many stored provisions, barrels and boxes. In the distance, on the wall on his left, there is a passage, probably to the great hall. But the most striking feature of the landscape is... a heavy breathing guard, armed only with a shield, constantly looking over his shoulder.
User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm

Post by Marras » 01 Nov 2016, 03:13

"Get down!", Hans barks at the wounded guard. "Do as I tell you and I will spare your life."
Post Reply