The Storm - Combat OOC

Korbel's one-shot game

Moderator: Korbel

User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 29 Oct 2016, 16:06

That's a tie. I retain initiative I believe.

9 Dice Wind: Thrust to Arm. TN5. He can only Parry or Counter.
9d10 => 9, 9, 10, 2, 3, 5, 2, 7, 10 => 57

Explosions
4d10 => 1, 4, 2, 1 => 8
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 29 Oct 2016, 16:11

1die expulsion
d10 => 6 => 6

so, you have Mos 5, roll location and calc damage
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 29 Oct 2016, 16:18

Location: Arm
1d6 => 2 => 2

Lv5 Blunt to Armpit: Several broken ribs and internal bleeding.
Effect
1d6 => 3 => 3

Bruised heart. BL1, KO3. Impact10. TN9
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
EinBein
Sworn Brother
Posts: 516
Joined: 03 May 2014, 02:50

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by EinBein » 17 Jan 2017, 04:16

First round of finale sequence (I feel there is not much happening this time):

1 - Ruthard (slow) and guards in front line (white)
2 - Karl (with Hilde and Otoo, white), Twinscars (white)
3 - Hans (white)
4 - Captain (white)
5 -
6 -


GM Korbel here! Ooops, I forgot about Karl! No big deal - as you have probably guessed, he wanted to run away. So that is WHITE. Let's see... I'll roll and include him in the list above
d6 => 2 => 2
thank you EinBein
Last edited by Korbel on 17 Jan 2017, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot about Karl!
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 17 Jan 2017, 07:34

Ok, here is Ruthard's action.

He has already his sword out ready in Tail Guard. Ruthard shouts "Karl! Hilde! Stay with me! We will get out of this mess!"

Action: Lay Ambush. Should anyone approaches menacingly he's mince meat. :twisted:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 17 Jan 2017, 08:46

Benedict wrote:Action: Lay Ambush. Should anyone approaches menacingly he's mince meat. :twisted:
Triggered. They are in CLOSE range for you now. Do you attack?
User avatar
Marras
Grizzled Veteran
Posts: 856
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:19

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Marras » 17 Jan 2017, 09:09

Hans tries to figure out where he find a room with window that he could use to get out of the manor with Karl and his family. He won't loiter around and just searches for one if anything else fails.

"Follow me!", he shouts keeping his messer in hand.
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 17 Jan 2017, 09:21

Image
That would be a general plan, not exact bot close enough.
Well, the obvious way would be to leave through the main doors. Ruthard has the keys I believe... but he didn't even lock them when he got inside (I'll check to make sure).
Other than that, you could probably try to jump though the window in the great hall. Risky for anyone with low Athletics skill. Actually, risky for everyone.
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 19 Jan 2017, 10:57

Korbel wrote:
Benedict wrote:Action: Lay Ambush. Should anyone approaches menacingly he's mince meat. :twisted:
Triggered. They are in CLOSE range for you now. Do you attack?
Here goes nothing. :lol:


Btw, how are we gonna handle this? They are three, how many can join? When I attack I obviously strike at one of them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 20 Jan 2017, 09:23

Four kingsguards are escorting Joffrey out of a full scale riot. An assassin dashes out from the crowd with a knife and targets Joffrey. Three of the kingsguard members elect to "be engaged" by the attacker as well. So, the assassin has consumed the actions of four characters -- three kingsguard members and Joffrey. Now, the there's the positioning rolls. The kingsguard member outside the combat can't throw anything as he's not in the fight (but he's ready for other threats, etc). Joffrey has no desire to engage the assassin, so, he throws zero dice. The three kingsguard members and the assassin all throw positioning. Now, some possible outcomes:
1) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 1; assassin loses initiative and meets three kingsguard; he needs to divide his remaining pool six ways to get out of this
2) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 2; assassin loses initiative and meets two kingsguard; he needs to divide his remaining pool four ways to get out of this; he meets the ones that rolled highest (3 & 4)
3) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 3; assassin loses initiative and meets a single kingsguard; the one that rolled highest (4)
4) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 4; assassin loses initiative and meets a single kingsguard; the one that rolled highest (4) (the tie favoring the lone guy here and above is us embracing our inner swashbuckler when writing the rules)
5) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 5; assassin KEEPS initiative and gets to choose 1-3 opponents to engage; he chooses just one and has to pick the one that one that rolled the highest (4)
6) Joffrey 0, kingsguard 2, 3, 4, assassin 7; assassin KEEPS initiative and gets to choose 1-3 opponents to engage; since he won with MoS3+ he gets to choose his target REGARDLESS of how they rolled; he chooses to completely bypass the kingsguard and engage Joffrey directly
Do you agree to use this method?
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 21 Jan 2017, 01:12

Want to engage all three. That's Melee 1 v Many. How many dice they allocate to Positioning? :twisted:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 21 Jan 2017, 08:47

Each one of them will roll 3 dice.
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 21 Jan 2017, 11:33

4 Dice Positioning
4d10 => 9, 10, 7, 7 => 33


Possible Explosions
2d10 => 10, 5 => 15
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
User avatar
Korbel
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1207
Joined: 13 Apr 2015, 12:09
Location: Poland

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Korbel » 21 Jan 2017, 12:16

Fuck this, no point in rolling. You have won with MoS 3. Do you wish to face one of them? If so, declare your attack.
User avatar
Benedict
Standard Bearer
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 May 2016, 09:52

Re: The Storm - Combat OOC

Post by Benedict » 21 Jan 2017, 12:33

Shall we do it in Roll20? Got 20 mins or something like that :D
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
Post Reply